Tuesday, August 7, 2007

WE GOT IT!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!! WE GOT IT!!!

We now have Jacob’s passport. It took 15 minutes to get once we talked with the lady. She was nice this time. Paul wasn’t able to go with me but Tammy was. She was great. I did get to talk with Paul and he wished us luck. He went by the passport office to see us but we had already left. Paul has been wonderful and the kindest Ukrainian I have ever met. Paul said he hoped we had had some good experiences in Ukrainian and said maybe we would see each other again someday if I came back as a tourist. I said maybe. I really don’t see that happening.

I was supposed to leave Simferopol today at 2:40 PM, but the flight has been delayed to 6:25 PM. Typically, for this whole journey, but I’m OK with it. I still get back to Kiev in time to do the medical and visa tomorrow and I get to spend more time with Tammy. She has become a great friend. She and Matt are coming home in November for 2 months. I really hope they are going to be able to visit us and spend some time with us.

Our flight is now leaving Kiev for Paris at 6:50 AM which means we will at the airport at 4:50 AM. We leave Paris at 11:45 AM to arrive in Cincinnati at 3:00 PM, then onto to Huntsville at 5:00 PM to arrive at 5:13 PM. Note: This times at all local times. We will be leaving Kiev at 10:50 PM Wednesday Central Time.

Please pray that the trip home will be boring and uneventful and of course safe.

I want to thank each and every person for all your help, thoughts, and prayers. We will never forget it. Words can not express our gratitude. With my heart swelled, and a lump in my throat I sit here trying to find a way to let you all know just how much to us. We love you all very much!!!! To all the future adoptive parents reading this blog please feel free to contact us at anytime with any questions and good luck.

We will try to see as many of you as soon as we can. It will depend on Jacob and how quickly he adjusts. He has been amazing so far. He has welcomed most of the changes. He still doesn’t do well in restaurants. He didn’t do too well on the flight last night. I’m praying for a better flight today. He didn’t have much of a nap yesterday and it was past his bedtime. I have also found out he is afraid of Simba, Tammy’s big orange cat. He is doing a little better the longer we are here. I hope he is going to like Rowdy, our big orange cat.

One more time I have been meaning to mention. Becca gave me a Daily Bread booklet to read while I’ve been here and one of the things I read I have thought back on several times and it was so appropriate for the time here. It said, “Delay is not denial”. We have definitely been delayed beyond our expectations but we have not been denied. The Lord is so good.

We are Homeward Bound!!!!

Love,

Teresa & Jacob

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to hear you have it in hand. Have a safe and uneventful trip home. IF you listen real hard I almost bet you could hear shouting when everyone reads this.
Love Shannon and Reba

Nataliya said...

That's such a good news, congratulations! Have a good trip home!

Nataliya
(dossier is submitted to SDA, waiting for the appointment date)

Anonymous said...

Hope your flights go well and Jacob doesn't give you too much trouble. Hey, he has to give you some trouble, that's what kids do!!:) Love you both! Can't wait to see ya!!

Anonymous said...

THANK THE LORD!!!!!I am so ready to see you and Jacob come around the corner at airport.I will see you and I hope the fleight is a good one.
LOVE Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I knew god heard our prayers but his time is not our time. God is just right on time. great news to hear from a far country. we will praying for a pleasant and safe trip home.lots of love. connie.

Anonymous said...

Teresa, It makes me so happy to know you and Jacob have the passport and are on your way home. It was so good to be there with you when you got it and to see it for myself. It's so hard hanging on here and hoping to have our passports, too, soon. I thought seeing yours would help me really believe mine would be on the way soon, too -- but I'm having such a hard time getting my hopes up. You know how that is better than anyone. Jacob is adorable. I hope you and he and your hubby have a GREAT life together! Whenever you come through Kansas, you are welcome at our place anytime! love, Beth