Sunday, June 3, 2007

2ND DAY HERE


It's almost 4:00 PM and still no luggage. Still calm. Not much is happening here. We are just hanging out with Lauri, Mindi, Bryan, & Elysa (Mindi & Bryan's daughter) in a small coffee shop with wireless internet. I was able to add links to several websites.

While we have alittle time I wanted to respond to some Comments. After my little cry at the airport when we were leaving I was ok until I turned around after going thru security and saw Brenna standing on a bench waving her little arm & hand. It brought tears to my eyes. Mama said they all were waving but I only saw Brenna.

Shannon & Reba- I hope you have a good time on trip out West.

Michele- It's ok for Ashlin to wear little boy Cars pullups. The little boys here wear pink underwear. I guess color and style doesn't matter.

Becca- I am tickled that Breanna is keeping up with us. Tell the Tennessee crew Hi. Your email mentioned Rylee falling in the COLD water and Rylee told James she hoped she didn't fall it. No such luck. :(

Donna & Jim- You are real lifesavers. I'm sorry for the really early phone call. Ben really appreciated it. It saved a wasted trip to the airport.

Melissa- You mentioned my preparing well for lost luggage. I just didn't prepare well enough. I thought they may lose 1 or 2 bags, not ALL of them. No makeup, no hairdryer or curling iron, as you can see from the picture of Lauri and myself. Lauri was kind enough to loan me clothes to sleep in, a hairdryer, and curling iron. (Thanks Lauri) Are you proud I didn't let it bother me too much. I am actually posting a picture all natural. As far as the time difference I finally figured out how to add a clock with Kyiv time. Next thing on the agenda is our appointment tomorrow. I hope I sleep better tonight than I did last night, but I kinda doubt it.

Tammy- James was very homesick last night. He is better today. They have REAL Coke, but of course, Dr Pepper would be better. Clark & Jenny is 400 miles away right now. We may be closer to them after tomorrow depending on the region we go to.

Michele- We have REAL toilets for now. Hopefully we won't end up using a "Squat Pot". On the same subject the toilet paper is brown kraft paper just like we use for paper towels (and it feels it).

We are hungry again. So I'm going to close for now. I think we are going to eat some great pizza. Pray it is great or James really will starve to death.

Love all you guys,

Teresa & James
P.S. - I almost forgot to mention my Hot Chocolate. As you can see in the picture, it's in a very small teacup. It is melted chocolate (not hot chocolate). I asked for some milk to make my own hot chocolate and again I got a very small teacup of cold milk (about 1-2 oz) which of course didn't melt the chocolate. Oh well, learning something new everyday.
P.S.S. - Beth- Thanks for the comment. Donald - Thanks for keeping the church updated. Please ask everyone to keep us and our child in their prayers. Hopefully we will met him/her soon and be able to post pictures.

6 comments:

Vallie said...

Hey!

Glad to hear from you. We are so excited. Just wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers.
Love Kenneth, Vallie & Meagan

nana&papaw said...

Hey
We've read all your postings
glad you got your luggage.
Hope you two get rested up
for your appointment.

We're praying for you and
so is everyone that I talk
to from church.

I told them you would be
at your appointment at
3:00 am our time.

Daddy came up here today
and Melissa from my work
walked him thru getting
on the computer so he
could read your postings.
He did GOOD!

I'll post more tomorrow.

Oh, Spunky and Rowdy are
doing ok. Rowdys crying
right now though. He's
eating good.

Love Nana and Papaw

Becca said...

Teresa & James,
I should have sent the Dr.Pepper Jelly Bellies with you and I hope you get your luggage soon. I think you look beautiful in your picture Teresa. I hope you have a good day.
Love,
Breanna

Becca said...

Hey Guys,
Hope you are doing good. We had a real good service today. The sunday school lesson was about Good News - which is what you will have for us soon. We missed you at church. I looked over and you weren't there. I hope everything goes good Monday. My prayers are with you.
Hope they have found your luggage too, but you look real good in your picture. Maybe you should go without makeup from now on.
It's so good to read each journal entry. I love hearing what you are doing each day.
We had a VBS meeting today, it wasn't the same without you. You are going to be greatly missed. I will keep you posted.
I love you and miss you so much. God Bless you.
Prayers and much love,
Becca

Shauna said...

Hey!


Glad you guys are still so calm...Just wanted to tell the both of you that I LOVE U and that you are in all of our prayers.... Teresa you DO NOT LOOK THAT BAD IN THE PIC...
Love,
♥Shauna

Tammy T said...

Hi Teresa and James

Teresa you look good in the picture. I have already seen prayers answered since you left. I glad to hear you got you luggage. I missed you and James at church today. My prayers are with you guys for your appointment tomorrow. I will post tomorrow I have got to get up at 03:00 am to go to work so I will be checking back to hear from you. Take Care and We love you.

Love Tammy