Friday, June 22, 2007

TWO GOOD VISITS AND COURT DATE

We had our best visit yet yesterday afternoon. He played really well and he ate a whole short can of Pringles. I hope that isn’t too much sodium for his little system. I’m a little concerned he doesn’t like to drink much. We have seen him drink something twice. Most of the time he is pushing it away no matter who is trying to give it to him. I looked at the “juice” one time and I would have pushed it away too.

We had some paperwork to do this morning so we only went to see Jacob this afternoon. It was good. He is loving the slide now. Mama – On second thought, we may be getting that swing set when we get home instead of in March (for his birthday).

I put the wrong size he will be wearing when we get home. He is bigger than I thought. He will be in 18 mos. The shirts fit but the shorts are a little big in the waist. We’ll fatten him up in no time though.

Now for COURT DATE. It is not as we had hoped. Our date is July 2nd. Yesterday it was set for July 5th. Andrew worked his charms and got the Judge to change it. Although, we have the travel to the birth city on Monday for more paperwork. We couldn’t go today. The office is closed on Friday’s. We are waiting on more news about Court. Please pray and ask everyone you know to pray for good news on Monday. ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THRU GOD. Penny – Thank you for the email you sent to us. It came at just the perfect time. Just when I needed it most. You will never know what it meant to me. We love and appreciate you very much.

Christa – Thank you the VBS updates and for the all pictures you are taking. Can’t wait to see them. We miss you all very much.

Brother Greg – If you don’t mind could you please have alter prayer for us and our child on Sunday. God knows the need.

Even in the midst of all the disappointments I am starting to feel calmer, more settled. God really does answer prayers.

No new pictures today. Maybe tomorrow.

God Bless You!!

Love,

JTJ

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

James and Teresa and Jacob,
So thankful for your court date--wish it could be sooner! But I know God is still in the business of working everything out for His good. We continue to trust Him! Talked to Clark a while this afternoon. It was great just to hear his stories and his TRUST in God! Jordan is great and already adjusting to his new home. I feel so blessed to know that Jordan and Jacob will grow up in such Godly homes and with such Godly parents! I continue to pray for you! You WILL be home soon!

Donna H.

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
Pray does work..I had mentioned to several people day before yesterday about you two.....three needing special pray for the court day...wonderful to know nothing is to big or to small for the Lord.
VBS is going great.....had a couple of children saved last night. Laura Ratcliff was one. I have been in the kitchen so all the details will have to come from Christa...
Gladys, Robert, Roby and I are going to try and get out of town for a couple of days.
Glad to hear about Court day, we all miss you around here. Won't be soon enough for us...
Take care. Love Sandra

Anonymous said...

OOPS SORRY MISS SPELLED PRAYER WORKING AND WRITING ON BLOG TOO.

Melissa said...

Glad to hear you have a court day, of course I wish it was sooner but at least you can somewhat prepare for a longer stay. I am so thankful to hear Jacob is warming up more with every visit. Keep the pictures coming. I have asked Scott to send you more of Matthew, You will like the ones he took today. Matthew chased Scott around the yard with the garden hose, it was pretty funny. Give a big hug and kiss to Jacob and tell him his aunt Melissa is ready to spoil him rotten; I have some paying back to do. Oh and Sandra, don't worry about the spelling because I sure I'm at the top of the list for misspelled words, I never use spell check to catch my typing errors or my lack spelling knowledge. LOL. See you soon.

Melissa

Christa said...

Hey you guys!!! I was sick tonight when I heard I missed your phone call. I could not wait to get here to write you. You had been on my heart all day and I had prayed for you all during the day. I know the last couple of days have been really hard, but I was so thankful to hear of the date. God has answered many prayers this week!!! We did let everyone at church tonight know and everyone was so excited for you. I did not get hardly as many pictures of VBS as I had hoped, I didn't realize my memory card was full. I have pictures back to February on there, but I will be sure to get them to you. It was a great week of VBS and the kids really seemed to enjoy it. We all missed you guys more than you know. I know your ears had to burn most of the week because we all talked about you alot. We will continue to pray that everything flows better with all the paperwork. I'm so glad to hear that Jacob is doing better with you guys and I know that each day is going to improve from here. Keep your faith strong and know that we are all holding you up in our prayers. God has led you all the way across the world to Jacob and He will be with you every step of the way! We love you all!!!

Becca said...

James, Teresa and Jacob,
It is such great news about the court date. God is good - everything is in His time even if we don't understand why.
I'm so happy about the visits. I knew that once Jacob started to realize that you might be his, he would start showing you more attention. I love all the pictures of him playing. I'm glad he loves to slide.
We had a good bible school, but it wasn't the same without you. You were sorely missed. I can't wait to tell you all about it. Of course, the best was the 3 that got saved! Laura Ratcliffe, Nikki Gunter, and Alec Holderfield. I will give you all the details later.
Bible Bay went well. The kids seemed to like it alot. We had a blast. It was nerve racking too. But they sat and were real attentive.
Mathew seemed to really enjoy it. It was like he had always been there. He is growing up so fast, and he is so cute. I think he and Jacob will bond and will be so close.
We can't wait to get you all home soon. Our prayers are with you every day and I know that God is leading and guiding you through all of this. Stay strong! and know that you have power with the Lord.
Love and Hugs,
Becca

THE GLASSCO FAMILY said...

Hey Guys,

I am so excited for you as I read though your blog and catch up on everything. Sunny Spann game me the blog address. Jacob is absolutely precious. We will keep you in our prayers.

Christina and the girls

Anonymous said...

A Court Date!! YAY!! I'm sorry everything didn't happen as quickly as you had hoped for, but as they say, "Good things come to those who wait." I was so glad to hear the visits were getting better and that Jacob is really warming up to you both! Teresa, thanks for the e-mail, I truly appreciate you thinking of me and the prayers right here in the midst of all the things you and James have going on in your lives!! Hurry your happy little tails home so we can start spoiling the new boss of your Family!!:) Much love to all of you!!!