Saturday, June 30, 2007

GREAT COMPANY

We visited Jacob yesterday morning and it went fine. I wasn’t feeling to well and he did great to sit in the swing for about 20 minutes and let me push him. Then he sat on the bench with us and ate Pringles and a wafer cookie. A little girl from another group came over and wanted a Pringle and the caregiver said it was fine. I thought Jacob might get upset but he didn’t. Progress. She even sat on the bench beside me and he was fine with it. We didn’t go for the afternoon visit. I still wasn’t feeling great and we really wanted to be able to go eat with our new friends.

We met Shelby’s husband, Matt. He is very nice too. We went to a very nice restaurant. James and I both had a chicken and pasta dish. He actually liked it better than I did. Shocker. And believe or not, he tried Green Tea with Fruit flavors. He didn’t like it. It was OK to me. The company and conversation was great. Afterward, we walked around town. It was nice. I actually got to feeling worse. We were close enough to the apartment that I walked back to lie down and talked James into going to have coffee with them. It was still daylight, as it doesn’t get dark until after 9:00, so I was fine to walk home alone and James would have been bored with me.

We found out about some other restaurants with English menus. We may try out a couple today. We also found out where the good shopping outside market is. We are headed there shortly. James was really tired this morning so he slept in. We are going for only the afternoon visit today.

The afternoon visit went great. He was in a good mood and he played on the swing for a while. He even let another child swing with him, after some coaxing. When we took him back to his group he didn’t want to stay. He wanted to go with us. It is so great he is bonding more and more with us.

We can’t wait to get home. We miss you all.

Love,

JTJ

7 comments:

nana&papaw said...

HI, The progress he's making
is great. The Lord is using
this time for Jacob to do
more bonding and its great
he's not feeling jealous.
I think that means he's
more secure about you and
James and that your still
there for him even with
other children having some
of your attention.
I added the pics you sent
to my album.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNDAY!!!!
OOOH HOW MANY? Yep I know.
But I won't tell anybody.
LOVE to YOU,JAMES AND JACOB

p.s. Wait until you tell
Jacob that yall came to get
him in the month of your
anniversary, Fathers Day and
your birthday. That will really be SOMETHING to tell
him.
be something

Melissa said...

By the time you read this it will be your birthday, so Happy __th B'day. We'll have a party when you get home and Jacob can handle that kind of crowd and noise. Like mama, I know the number but I won't tell. I picked up the pictures and they are wonderful. It sounds like he is bonding more and you and James have someone to talk to and that can explain a little more about their culture and things about Jacob that you wanted to know. That's got to be nice to finally talk with someone who understand our culture and language after that many weeks of feeling so alone. You sounded so excited on the phone and I'm glad to hear you got some fried chicken. I want talk to you before your court date, so good luck, I'll be thinking about all of you. I'll be glad when it offical and even more glad when he is home. Happy B'Day again. Love and miss you all. Call when you can.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday,Happy Birthday
Hope You get to feeling better and have a great day. It is good to hear you have some new friends and they can help explain about Jacobs life. It is and amazing God that can fullfill our every need.
Love the pictures he is a Handsome little man. Looking forward to meeting him.
Love Shannon,Reba

Tammy T said...

Hi James, Teresa, And Jacob

I know you all are doing a whole lot of bonding. Jacob looks like he really enjoys the time with you guys. You make such a wonderful family. It won't be much longer till Jacob will be yours and you will be headed HOME.
Teresa HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!! This is a special day for you. Hunter is here with me and he seen all the pictures and he said oh he is so cute. I ask hin if he remember you and he said yes. Then I heard hin in the other room telling Phillip about your baby. OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALL
WE LOVE & MISS YOU Can't wait till your home.
Have a Wonderful Birthday

Tammy, Phillip, & Hunter

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERESA!!!
I think Jacob loves yall as much as yall love him. IT SHOWS! I miss yall and can't wait for you to get home. I'm sorry I missed your call yesterday I was getting ready for work. Call again.I can't wait for your court day so Jacob will be yours and James'. I love you and will be talking to you later.Sound like a hick from Alabama!!!!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

HEY GUYS,
I HAVE BEEN SETTING BACK,WATCHING AND LISTENING AT ALL THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON. IT IS REMARKABLE TO SEE ALL THAT IS HAPPENING AROUND YOUR FAMILY. GOD IS TRULY BLESSING IT. OUR WHOLE CLAN WAS OVER (14 NOW) AND I PULLED UP YOUR WEB PAGE AND SHOWED THEM THE PICTURES YOU HAD POSTED. THEY ALL OOHED AND AWED AT JACOB. WE ARE ALL LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR COMING HOME SOON. JUST HANG IN THERE.
LOVE
THE COLLINS GANG

Tammy said...

Hi guys,
By the way, I just realized I had the wrong link to the Hopeful Hearts page. It's working now, so you'll have to check it out again. Sorry about that. And all your blogs are great and very touching. God bless! See you at the 4th party. :) It's starts at 5pm and it's a Bring Your Own Meat bash, then we'll have prayer and fellowship until 9pm and then fireworks until ?? We can pick you up Wednesday afternoon.
Oh, and don't forget to call us tomorrow afternoon when you find out, we'll be praying for you.
Tammy