Wednesday, June 13, 2007

DAY 3 CONT.

As commented, kids have their days. This afternoon was much better. Jacob just laughed and laughed at James playing with the balls. We spent most of the time in the playroom. We are learning more and more about him with each visit. He is very clever and a problem solver. He did have a few temper tantrums but he is starting to understand the word "No". He doesn't like it but understands. We went outside for a few minutes before we left. We briefly met a couple from Germany adopting one of the little boy's in Jacob's group. His name is Anton. Jacob wanted to go with them but couldn't and decided to show his temper once again. It was almost time to leave so we took him to his group. Before we left he gave both of us hugs and kisses.

We had CHICKEN today. Yippee!! No pizza!!! We had McDonald's for supper. We will probably be back to pizza tomorrow, at least for one meal. We both are feeling better today. We hope to get in bed earlier tonight and hopefully get some good rest. I am breaking out the Benadryl. James' snoring is killing me.

I think one child is all we can handle right now, but it would be nice to get the other Maxim too. He is so sweet and friendly.

Signing off for now.

Keep praying.

Love,

TJJ

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa & James,

So good to see you spending lots of quality time with Jacob.
The other children look so sweet too. I know it will be hard to leave them behind. We will put them in our prays also, for good homes.
I had said I would call again this weekend, I will leave the number for Roby to call, I am going out of town for the weekend..leaving tomorrow evening, so you all take care and have lots of funs with Jacob.
I hope Andrew gets back soon too. Maybe you all can find other places to eat..
Oh yes, Izak is saying Jacob. I can't wait to see what the two of them think of each other. We know you all will be glad to get home, we will try and give you some time to catch up, but it will be hard to stay away...
Praying for and thinking of you everyday....
Love Sandra

Anonymous said...

Teresa & James,
We received your phone call yesterday. Sorry we couldn't speak to you directly. We are also leaving B'ham for several days, so I wanted to try and answer as many questions as I could. Also, I will try and remember them as best I can also.

1.There is not much American Food--you have been the place that we have been--McDonalds & Pizza. If you haven't tried Boarsch(sp?)--Ukraine soup--give it a try. It is good
2. We traveled back to Kiev because we didn't have a translator for those 10 days. Nothing to do with our 171-H.
3.We arrived in Cincinnati on our return home. JFK customs could/would be a lot more difficult. 2 hours may not be enough time.

We are praying that everyting goes well for the rest of your journey. Look forward to you coming home.
Ben, Mieka, Taylor, Blake & Alex Vanoy.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Great to hear Jacob is beginning to loosen up with y'all! He'll be running up hugging and kissing you both in no time at all! I'm so happy for all of you! Jacob is a very lucky little boy to have you both, and you 2 are so blessed to have such a wonderful, spirited little fellow to come into your lives! I can't wait for you all to get home so we all can take a turn at helping spoil him!:) Give him a big hug and tell him that's from his Aunt Sonya and Uncle Shirrill!

Anonymous said...

Glade to hear that you are feeling better.Jabob will be better to! I'm glad you had something other than pizza.Maybe you will find more food sooner or later. I glade Jacob is in a better mood ,also.Will talk to you later.

Love you all,
Carolyn

Christa said...

Hey you guys! The pictures are great. I'm so glad that you were able to support our poultry industry and get a break from pizza. We miss you so much but I know God is working miracles in your lives and Jacob's too. Try to rest as much as you can and enjoy every minute with your new son. Love you all!!