Wednesday, June 27, 2007

JACOB KNOWS HIS NAME

We had a great visit this afternoon. We couldn’t go this morning. We needed to book a new flight date and get Jacob a ticket. As of now we are coming home on Tuesday, July 17th same time as before (around 8:30 PM). Also still into Huntsville. I have just learned from Mama that happens to be the week of Revival. I hate that I am going to miss even part of it. I have been looking forward to hearing Larry Camp preach.

Jacob and I were walking around and James called out his name and he turned around and looked (several times). This is the first time he has responded to his name. He was all about hugs and kisses today. Mama got a bunch of them. Daddy was on camera duty, per requested by Melissa. He fell today bumped his head. After James picked him up and he stopped crying he said, “Rub it”. He is fine. He didn’t cry but a minute. Here are the words he can say but most are still hard to understand. Mama, Daddy, Nana (we are still working on Papaw and several other names), Open, Step, Rub it, Baby, something that sounds like Puppy when he is around the big dog, and we think he said Jacob today (but not real sure). There may be more we just can’t seem to remember any.

Please continue to remember us in your prayers and that court goes good Monday. Also please remember all the little children in these orphanages. Pray they will be placed in a loving home soon. Two children from Jacob’s group are sick right now. Please remember them in your prayers also.

As always, we love and miss you all. I know we say that every time but you can’t imagine how much you all mean to us.

Love,

James, Teresa, & Jacob

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

T,J&J
So good to see you with Jacob..
Glad to hear he is into hugs and kisses..won't be long till he will be spoiled.
We all look forward to see you...it's getting closer, and closer...
All the pictures and day to day adventures keep us all tuned in. Seem also most like we are there with you two.
Has Jacob seen any of the pictures of any of the family and friends yet? On your camera?
I know he has to be the sweetest thing. We all are so excited to meet him...
Have a good day and will check you all out tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Oop, Sorry about the spelling, writing and working at the same time..
Real Busy day

Jerri Hardin said...

HEY GUYS, IT WAS SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM U! HE'S ADORABLE AND I AM SO HAPPY FOR U TWO!! HE'S A LUCKY LITTLE BOY! I HAVE U ALL IN MY PRAYERS AND I KNOW EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE SO WONDERFUL. YOU BOTH LOOK LIKE NATURALS!! JUST HURRY AND GET HOME SO I CAN SEE THE LITTLE SQUIRT. HANG IN THERE, GOD BLESS, AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE JACOB. JAMES,HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT FATHER'S DAY, DOESN'T THAT SOUND GOOD? TAKE CARE, AND C U ALL SOON! LOVE,JERRI NICOLE SAYS HI,SHE NEEDS SOMEBODY TO PICK ON!:)

Tammy T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy T said...

Hello James, Teresa, & Jacob

The pictures are great. Keep posting them, pictures are great memories as the years go by. I can set and look at pictures of my children now and wonder where the time has gone. It doesn't seem like our children should be grown. They all grow up fast. We are still praying for your court coming up that everything will go smooth. I sure don't want you two to go thru what the other couple has gone thru. I can't imagine how they felt. I read their Blog and my heart goes out for them. I will be praying for them also. We love you all. Talk later better get back to work.

Love Tammy

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you know the date you're supposed to come home. We miss you guys very much. I went through Tommy's clothes and shoes and I have a bag full waiting for Jacob when you get back. You know he really resembles our family. Almost like he was meant for you. Hutch and I are moving to Crossville by July 9th, but I still have the same cell number.
Let me know when you're back and we will be there ASAP.

Alisa
Love you Always

Anonymous said...

WE are so Happy for you! Cain't wait to meet Jacob and have all of you home.Isn't God Great!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the pictures. It sounds like things are going pretty good. Janet brought Thomas over tonight to play and Matthew handled it better this time. He wasn't as jealous and only cried once when he wanted the bubble machine that Thomas was playing with. I wouldn't let him take it away from him and he cried for just a minute or two. Once he say I was ignoring him he quit. They did have fun playing in the pool together and they did take turns going down the slide. Thomas was actually repeating words and some of the things like (fall down go boom) that Matthew was doing. It was funny to watch and reminds me how much other kids pick up from the ones around them. I can't wait for Jacob to start learning some things from Matthew (I hope). Sorry for the long blog, I'll have Scott send pictures again soon.

Becca said...

Teresa, James and Jacob,
Love the pics!!! They are so good. I'm so glad that the visits are getting better. He looks very content, and looks like he is bonding more with you.
Love the pictures of the hugs. They are priceless. We can't wait for all of ya'll to get home so we can hug too!
You are still in our prayers.
Love you,
Becca and Breanna

Shauna said...

Awww He is so cute I can't wait for you guys to get home with my new cousin...wow I just realized it has been a long time since I have had a little cousin .......Anyways I miss the both of you so much and love you both so much... His is so wonderful I can't wait to get to know him....Anyways just wanted you guys to know that I was still keeping up with yall...
♥Shauna

Anonymous said...

Mother is here with me and we are looking at the pics.She was awed at the ones with Jacob in them.Things seem to be better for you. Maybe the two weeks will pass by before you know it.I know you are ready to bring Jacob home and then love him to death. I can't wait. I'm glad you meet some Americans and don't have to have an interpeter for everything.I will talk to you later.ALL MY LOVE FOR YOU JAMES AND JACOB.
CAROLYN