Wednesday, June 20, 2007

GOOD MORNING VISIT

We have had one visit yesterday and one today. It has been raining here so it is messy outside and the caregivers are starting to use the playroom too so we don’t have anywhere to play with him. The caregivers have a really hard controlling the other kids when we are around because most of them want to play with us and I don’t think they like it too much. This has also allowed us to somewhat catch up on our rest.

I think it was Mama I told that Jacob doesn’t like to slide. Well I think he is warming up to it, as you can see in the pictures. I think he is warming up to us also. There were no tears or whining today when he had to leave the group to go with us. It warmed our hearts.

Andrew got here yesterday afternoon and had to wait an hour for a taxi. Apparently it rained so much at the train station that the streets were flooded. He did get to make it to the courthouse with our paperwork. The judge told him to come back today at 10:00 AM. Then today the judge changed it to 10:30 and he still had to wait 40 minutes. Sounds familiar. When he finally got to see the judge he wanted 4 complete copies of our paperwork, which is about 400 sheets of paper. When Andrew got back he wanted a fee, which meant Andrew had to leave again and go right back to where he had just come from. Very organized around here. LOL As I am typing this it is 3:40 PM and Andrew is suppose to go back to the Chief Of Judges and find out who is going to be our judge and when our court date is. Stay tuned. As usual, things aren’t going as planned. We now have to go see the Prosecutor tomorrow. I’m not sure exactly why, but hopefully at that point we will have Court Date set. Please ask the church to pray for that things will go as planned tomorrow. Each day without a court date puts us coming home later and later. I know God can handle anything. We love and miss you all and are ready to come home with our little boy.

Love,
JTJ

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

T & J

PLEASE KNOW WE ALL ARE PRAYING FOR YOU EVERY DAY....I WILL BE SURE TO TELL EVERYONE I SEE TO PRAY EXTRA HARD...CHRISTA IS TRYING TO KEEP ALL UP TO DATE AS WELL AS DONALD C.
WE ALL READY FOR YOU THREE TO GET HOME....
WE WILL HAVE TO CELEBRATE...
FOOD AND DR PEPPER....
LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

WE ARE SO EXCITED IT IS GETTING CLOSER FOR YA'LL TO COME HOME. WE'VE HAD FUNIN VBS, WISH JACOB WOULD'VE MADE IT FOR VBS. BUT JUST GET READY, AFTER THIS YEAR, IF CHARLIE WILL LET ME, I AM RETIRE THE PRESCHOOLER'S, THIS YEAR WAS ENOUGH, (MAYBE). SO THE CLASS IS ALL YOU'RS. YOUR CAN ENJOY JACOB.

LOVE ,
CARMEN

Melissa said...

I just got home with Matthew, he said he had fun at VBS. Most of the way home he called for Nana. Maybe tommorrow will bring good new with a better idea of when you may get back home. Hope to talk to you on Friday, I should be home becasue I will be studing as always. I hope I get in the masters program after all this time and work. Maybe the weather will clear up and the paperwork will be finished soon, so ya'll can focus on spending more time with Jacob. Love ya'll. Hang in there, you will be home soon.

Christa said...

Hey! I am taking lots of pictures of VBS for your guys. I have a really sweet one of Matthew last night during their music time I will try to email it to you later. We had 102 last night. The preschool class (Matthew, Kelsey, Charlie, etc. had 13 last night). David has been handing out Klondike bars for dessert so I told him to save James some. We all feel so helpless and wish we could speed things up for you, but we are all praying and trusting in the One who can!

Anonymous said...

WE ARE SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU HAVE NO COURT DATE YET. WE'RE SURE THAT YOU WILL KNOW TOMORROW. WE MEANT TO GIVE YOU OUR E-MAIL ADDRESS (cash@hopper.net) IN CASE YOU HAD A QUESTION AND DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO PHONE. FEEL FREE TO CALL OR WRITE ANYTIME. AS ALWAYS YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS.

CARL AND SHARON

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. It may seem like forever, but God has a plan for everything. Each morning when you get up ask God to give you favor in all situations and with everyone needed to get everything taken care of. I am praying for you all. I haven't left you any comments in awhile. But, I'm still thinking of you, in between assignments. Oh, thought you would like to (celebrate good times) with us. Let's potty! YAHOO!! No more Cars pullups for Ashlin. It's Strawberry Shortcake panties instead. Can't say it enough YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!! See you soon.
Michele

Anonymous said...

I hope things start turning around and get faster and you guys will be on your way home with my nephew. I adore looking at him.We can handle the melt downs at home alot better than ya'll being so far away.Maybe Andrew will get things moving faster since he is back. I will talk to ya'll later.
LOVE AND MISS YA'LL
HUG JACOB FOR HIS NEW AUNT!
CAROLYN