Saturday, June 16, 2007

ALUPKA PALACE





































Today we visited the Alupka Palace, which is in Alupka near the Black Sea. We thought we were going to see two palaces but as always things aren’t what they seem. They were 4 km apart but we would have had to pay extra and the first one didn’t impress us enough (not after seeing the Biltmore Estates). It took us about 15 minutes to go thru it. Good thing the tickets were only $4 each. It was still a somewhat relaxing day even with all the walking. I did get to do a little more shopping. Oh, by the way the waterfall wasn’t much more than a trickle. We did get to see two swans, three peacocks, and a hawk. I got some really good pictures. The only picture I didn’t get was one of whole front of the palace.

Daddy - Happy Father's Day!! I hate that I'm missing Father's Day with you.

We have been thinking about VBS. We sure do wish we were going to be there with all of you. I'm going to miss being with the kids. I hate that I'm missing Matthew's first VBS and wish that it would have been Jacob's first too. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,

James, Teresa, & Jacob

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the sight-seeing didn't go so well. Waterfall, eh? Sounds like Noccalula Falls!!:) At least you got to get out and relax! Can't wait to hear how things go with Jacob this week! We're all so excited for you both! Joseph says Hi, and Hurry home!! Take care! We Love ya!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you had a good day yesterday. We are back in Kyiv and I am able to comment on your site.

I hope all is well with your visits with Jacob. We got everything done yesterday to get Jordan back to USA, thanks to Andrew.

Today we are taking Jordan to McDonalds. That will be our Father's Day outing.

Have a good day.
Love,
C, J & J