Friday, June 15, 2007

DAY 5 OF VISITS
























































We had a pretty rough day yesterday and this morning. This afternoon went much better. He usually wants to do everything himself, but he let both James and I push him on the little tricycle. He played and laughed with us today. This morning we were feeling like we had regressed but this afternoon we definitely felt like we actually progressed. God was looking after all of us. It did our heart’s good.

As for the pictures there is one of James and I with Young Life t-shirts on (this is for you Lauri) and we are in front of the orphanage (this is for you Melissa) and our taxi is (the white car) in the background. The other picture I wanted to send is of two other kids in Jacob’s group. The little girl is Vicka and the little boy is Salvic. All the kids are so friendly and want to be picked up. It is so hard trying not to play with each and everyone. Of course we need the time to bond with Jacob and he doesn’t have anything to do with us when he is with his group so we don’t spend much time with them.

Melissa asked for pictures of the apartment. The pictures are of the one we are currently staying in so they will probably look a little lived in.

We are going to see a waterfall and two castles tomorrow about 100 km away. We may only see the inside of one of them. It depends on the time. It is so depressing here. The buildings are so rundown looking so we wanted to see some beautiful sites. We also wanted to have pictures for Jacob later of something beautiful from his birth country. I haven’t gotten many pictures of the buildings around here. We are usually in the car and going to fast to get good pictures. We will post pictures of the castles tomorrow.

We love you guys!

Love,

James, Teresa, & Jacob
P.S. - Still having problems with picture placement. Lauri I will probably be giving you a call for help.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI THIS IS SALINA I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT JACOB IS SO CUTE. I LOVE TO READ AND SEE THE PICTURES EVERYDAY. GOOD LUCK I HOPE IT GETS EASIER EACH DAY. WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU EVERY NIGHT. I TOLD BRAYLIE SHE WOULD HAVE A NEW COUSIN AND SHE IS ANXIOUS TO MEET HIM. LOVE BRADLEY SALINA AND BRAYLIE.

Anonymous said...

Today was a better day so I think it will get better.I was glad to here from you. I am glad Jacob did better this afternoon.Kids have there on mind,just as you and I do.He will get to know you better and he will love you and James as all kids do.I will talk to you later.
Love
Carolyn

Melissa said...

It's good to be able to actually talk every few days. You both sounded more rested today. I love, love the pictures, especially the one where he is eating the bread. Enjoy the castles and hug Jacob for me.

Anonymous said...

Hi!This is Earl and Linda and we are so proud of you all - James, Teresa and Jacob -. Have a wonderful time and be ready to tell everyone all about it. We look forward to reading your blog and seeing the pictures everyday.
We love you and are praying for good things to continue in your life.

Becca said...

Hello,
I'm glad it was better today. I was beginning to worry about you. I was getting anxious to hear from you and see how things were going. I know you get frustrated when you feel like no progress is being made, but everything is in God's time and for His purpose. I hope you got the emails I sent, and I hope it cheered you up some.
I love the pictures - it helps us to see a little of what you are going through. I hope you got to sight-see a little more and like you said to see some of the more beautiful places there are to see.
We're holding the fort down here - trying to get ready for VBS. We need your prayers for us.
As always you are in my prayers and hoping you get home soon. Love and kisses to all - especially Jacob. We already love him and can't wait for him to get to know everybody and hopefully fall in love with us.
Love you,
Becca

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Hope you have a wonderful time sight-seeing and get some great pics for Jacob's scrapbook. I'm sure it's difficult holding his attention with all those other kids around, but he seems to be adjusting rather well when it's just the 3 of you. Just give him time and trust in God. Much Love to you 3!