Monday, June 18, 2007

BETTER DAY

We had a really good visit this morning with Jacob. We were 30 minutes late to due some problems starting with a new taxi but it all worked out fine. Jacob had fun being pushed on the tricycle to the point of wearing out his Dad and myself. He only had one major meltdown due to me not giving him Cheerios fast enough. He was so mad he laid down on the ground in the wet dirt to prove his point.

We now have a taxi company not just one driver. One first spoken very little English and the second one none, but we just hand them a note with the address we are going to and they just nod. The great thing is they are less than half the price we were paying. We got our own taxi to and from McDonalds today. Let me just tell you about the taxi home. It was an old German or Russian car probably from the 60’s. The old man driving kept turning off the engine and coasting as far as he could then he would turn it back on. James and I both were a little tired and ill before the taxi ride but afterward we were laughing. I guess you just had to be there. Needless to say our day and mood are better today. Prayer works.

Please keep praying that our court date will be Wednesday. We should know a date tomorrow if everything goes according to schedule. Even if it is Wednesday or Thursday it looks like the soonest we will be home is the 4th or 5th.

I said I would post Jacob’s size of clothes and I kept forgetting to. It looks like he will be wearing a 12 mos. probably thru the whole summer. If you need our address you can email me at simsfamily3@gmail.com.

Mama – I know you have Matthew now. Give him a HUGE hug for me. Give Daddy one too. Daddy – Give Mama one for me. We love, appreciate, and miss you all BUNCHES.

OK, now we are back from the afternoon visit and it went well, except for a couple of meltdowns. It seems Jacob likes to eat rocks, sticks, dirt, and crayons. When I wouldn’t let him eat a crayon today he pitched one more fit. Sometimes they are so bad I think he will pass out before he breathes again.

Also, I think it was yesterday that I mentioned I would respond to some comments. Our days are really running together.

Carl & Sharon – No English menus. They speak a little English at the pizza place. We call Andrew to help us order at other places (when needed). We still don’t like Ukrainian food. You are right – there are very few overweight people – could it be they don’t like “their” food either. ??

Michele – It’s great to hear that you & Johnny have a competition going as to whom gets the new info first.

Paula – It was good hearing from you. I bet you can’t wait for Roby & Sandra to come visit you.

Julie – Congratulations on your little GIRL that is on the way.

Vallie – You can’t imagine how great HOME does sound.

Love,
JTJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your comments about the taxi driver brought back memories of some of the ones we had, one was at one night with a driver that took us thru narrow, bumpy alleys, I didn't know where he was taking us and I was prepared to jump out of the taxi. Another was at night and just ahead of us was pedestrians crossing the street and the driver steps on the gas, the peds began running and I almost had a heart attack. Also, have you guys noticed their traffic lights? The flashing yellow means go to the ones stopped. I'm so sorry you guys are there without your translator, and that you don't like Ukrainian food. We liked several dishes that we were served, but our translator ordered for us (when HE was there). Do you guys have a store nearby? We ate Ramen noodle soups alot, cereal, we found beans that resembled northern beans and corn that we could heat up, ham, eggs, pasta, spaghetti sauce, cheese and all the fresh bread you could want, but no cornbread. We met a lady from the U. S. living in Cherkassy, that baked us some cornbread right before we left. The texture of the cornmeal was very coarse, but it was good. We are praying for your court date!!!

Carl and Sharon

Melissa said...

I am soooo glad your day went well with Jacob. The pictures are great as usual. Your mood sounds better. What's up the the taxi driver, does he think he is saving gas by cutting off the engine, if it's cheaper then by all means cut the engine off. When I got back from taking Matthew to mama and daddy, I had to return some things I had bought for Matthew at the Children's Place. They gave me a shoe chart and you are right it looks like his shoe size will be a 5. According to the measurement you gave me he may to a 18 month instead of 12 month. If you find out about the court date and what to call, I may try to take call tomorrow (Tues) and take advantage of Matthew being with Mama and Daddy. On the way to Al. today Matthew kept saying Nana, Pawpaw, Teresa, James. I tried to explain that you two wouldn't be there but I fully expect him to ask about you when he gets there. He is loving the lake, he jumped off the front of Mike's pontoon boat Sat. and kept saying more, more. He is almost as tanned as I am and his hair is getting lighter from the sun.

Anonymous said...

Hello,I am Shannon&Reba's friend,I have been keeping up with the adoption. your little boy is very handsome! We have been praying for you. Our church has just finished VBS and we take up money every night during VBS for a Ukraine orphanage,the kids have a lot of fun giving to the kids!!!We took up over $500.00. Hope you are home soon with son.LOVE&PRAYERS ROGER&SHERRY