Saturday, July 7, 2007

10 DAYS TO GO

Yesterday was a good day. It has rained so we stayed inside. We had a good time laughing and playing. James pulled him in the wagon. James and I both pushed him in the little car that is in the pictures. He laughed and giggled a whole lot. He learned a new word. Beep Beep. He would blow the horn on the car say beep beep.

Today started out the same way. It has rained a lot so we stayed in again. We played with the wagon and car. He remembered his new word. Then out of the blue he started crying and throwing one major fit. Nothing I did helped. We think he wanted to go outside but it was too wet and messy. He also has a runny nose and we didn’t want to make it worse. It gets pretty cool in the shade.

Tanya said he acts like he is on the phone and says Mama. He has even cried wanting to talk to me. He is understanding us more and more each day. He is starting to do the same thing we do. When he drops a Cheerio, Pringle, or fish in the dirt we grind it into the ground so he can’t pick it up and eat it. He used to try to eat it. Now he stomps it with his foot.

We need to get home quick before James gets thrown into jail for having an all out brawl with the taxi driver. The taxi driver tried to charge us double today and James wasn’t having it. This is the second time we have had problems with this one taxi driver. We have now requested for the taxi company to not send him to pick us up again. Pray that James can keep his cool so we can leave on schedule. Otherwise, I may be coming home without him. Just kidding.

Since things aren’t changing much each day we have decided to slow down on the posts. We are planning to post again Monday, then Thursday, then Friday or Saturday, whichever time permits. Then we will be in Kiev and will plan to post on Sunday (probably) and late Monday (last post from Ukraine, hopefully).

We love and miss you all. See you SOON.

JTJ

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Jacob is not getting a cold.Everyone here has the old sinus crude.Maybe he is missing you and james when yall are not there and he remembers it and has his little fits.Then again you never know when they might have one.That's called children.I loved the clip you sent.He is so cute when he is talking.He is going to be ok!He loves you and James already you can tell.Will talk to you later.
LOVE CAROLYN

Becca said...

TTJ,
It was so good to talk to you. You sound so good. I hope you are feeling better. You will feel alot better when you get home.
James you better behave we don't want to have to get you out of jail. HAHA! I don't think you would make a good mug shot.
The pictures of Jacob are so cute and it really looks like he is bonding alot more with you. I know he looks forward to seeing his Mommy and Daddy every day. Doesn't that sound good. What a great birthday present. You both are such special people and I thing Jacob is starting to realize that you are his. What a blessing! You deserve it. I know that your patience and perseverance have been tested and you are doing so good. There is only 10 more days. Praise God! And you will be home. We will keep praying that all the paperwork to follow will be perfect and no snags. Keep the faith and hang in there. Waiting is so hard - but will be so worth it.
"Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for YOU!" 1 Peter 5:7. He truly has been with you in this journey. God has more in store for you. You will be home soon. Take care and get some rest. We love you!
Becca

Anonymous said...

I know ya'll are looking forward to getting home with Jacob so you can start a "routine" (a very welcome routine)life. I know that will be a good thing for all of you. I know everyone here is ready for all of you to be home and for the time to pass quickly so that we can meet the newest addition to our family. Wednesday the fourth of July when we were all at mama and daddy's, daddy told Susan that he and mama wanted to be at the top of the list to see Jacob as soon as it was possible. I guess they are excited about meeting their next great grandchild. Tell James to be patient with ya'lls taxi driver (if you get the same one again). I know it doesn't make it right but when you are as poor as probably most of the people in the Ukraine are they will try any thing to get more money. I hope the rest of your stay there goes well and ya'll will be home as scheduled. I usually go to your blog site at least every other day to see how you're doing. Take care and see you as soon as we can once you get home.

Love Kathy and Dale

Melissa said...

I am ready for that number to at least be in the single digits and then 0 days left before you all three are on a plane coming home, provided James is not in jail. I played the clip you sent for mama. I love the laught. You can see by looking at the pictures that you ya'll are bonding more. I know you have heard this a million times before but it's true you do love them more everyday. The more they learn the more proud you become as a parent, it truly is the most wonderful thing, even when they are awake at 2am and even when they pitch a 2 year old fit that you think they will never out grow. I hope they do, otherwise I may lose my mind. Someone out there please tell me how long the terrible two's last. Just kidding, being a parent is so great and I can't wait for you to get home and find this out for yourself. I like reading the blog everyday, but I know it puts you getting in bed late and takes time away from rest. Call when you can.
love Melissa, Scott and Matthew

Anonymous said...

James, you better behave yourself. Your not in Alabama. This is another country where people that are put in jail may never get out. Glad you all had a good visit with Jacob. Later

Michele

Anonymous said...

I hope time flies by for ya now! Melissa, I can't answer the "Terrible Twos" question. Ours went from Terrible Twos all the way through the "Terrible Twenty-Twos". We're on the Twenty-threes now, without much change! :) James, don't beat anybody up! Take care and hurry home! Big hugs for Jacob!! Much Love!

Anonymous said...

He's already calling you Mama. That is so cute. I bet you just love it. From what it looks like he is a really smart kid. It won't be any time at all and he be talking your ear off.(Literally) Can't wait to see you guys. I am counting the days with you. Lots of love.