Sunday, July 1, 2007

GOOD MEETING

We went to church with Matt and Tammy this morning. The service was good. Of course, it was in Russian, but we met a guy named Vadim and he translated for us. It is a very small church that had 25 people present today. They people were quite reserved except for a couple of men until Matt (Shelby’s husband) got up and introduced us and told them why we are here in Ukraine. They all clapped and smiled at us. Vadim even wished me a happy birthday and again they all smiled. We met Matt and Shelby’s three children. There are precious. Micah is 7, Keegan is 4, and Cora is 3. Keegan is so friendly. He loves to talk. Cora kept smiling at me during the first part of the service. Micah is a little shy but he will talk. I never go anywhere without my camera, except for today. I forgot it. I hope to see the kids again. I want a picture to put on the blog.

After church we went to eat with Matt and Tammy. They are big on giving flowers here and Tammy’s mother is a florist, so Tammy wanted to buy me flowers for my birthday. It was a bouquet of 4 different colors of roses. They were beautiful. They have been so kind and helpful to us. They are truly a blessing along with Matt and Shelby.

We are going to celebrate the 4th of July with Matt and Tammy and some of their friends. I’m not sure if Matt and Shelby will be there. I hope so.

The visit with Jacob today was fine. He was happy to see us but was a little whiny today. When we went to take him back to his group for us to leave Vika was back with the group. She has had some kind of rash and hasn’t been with the group for several days. She came up to me wanting to be picked up, so I picked her up and she was all smiles. She likes playing with my hair. She even gave me a kiss. She is melting my heart. I wish I could bring her home. I would in a heartbeat. Even Tanya, the caregiver, said something to me and held up two fingers. I know she didn’t understand but I told her I would if I could and smiled at her. It is getting harder every day seeing these kids. I would like to bring them all home, especially Vika and Slavic. Salvic blows me kisses every day. I hate that this country makes it so long and hard to adopt.

Please remember us tomorrow. We go to court at 3:30 our time.

Love,

JTJ

5 comments:

Christa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERESA!! I know it's a little late for you, but it is still Sunday here. This will be a special birthday for you to remember. It sounds like Jacob is doing so well with you two. Maybe that is the reason for all the delays. Only God knows what's best for us. We are praying for you tomorrow for your court and I know God will be there for you guys. Love you all!!!

Melissa said...

It was nice to talk to you on your B'day. If we are able to donate things to the orphange, get the address. I have some things I would like to send. Good luck tomorrow, I hope everything goes perfect, so ya'll can come home. Love and miss you, give a big hug to Jacob and tell him his aunt is ready to spoil him and that Matthew is ready to play.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERESA! I have just finished a stressful assignment and thought I'd check the blog before giving into sleep. Hope all goes well at court. It is sweet to see Jacob bonding with you both. I can't wait for you all to get home so we can start hearing about your adventures with Jacob...like a toy lizard in the washer (you thought was a snake) or gum left in his pocket stuck all over the inside of the dryer. Why they make all those pocekts on boy clothes I don't know. It must be to annoy moms like me who don't check pockets.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday-one day late!! It's almost 3 and you are almost in court...we are praying all goes smoothly for you! SO glad you had a splendid brithday. The flowers were gorgeous. Just a wonderful expression of how much God cares for us even in the midst of chaos. The end is almost near...yo have run a great race and the PRIZE is your sweet boy! :) Love, lauri and hunter

Anonymous said...

It is Monday morning, and I have been praying all morning. You should be in court now..I have ask everyone here at work to pray also this morning..can't wait to hear the news.
Love Sandra