Thursday, July 19, 2007

AWAITING NEWS FROM SASHA

Well it is just Jacob and myself. James went to the US Embassy this morning, signed some papers, then went to the airport. His flight should be leaving in about 25 minutes. Please pray he does fine and doesn't miss either flight from New York or Atlanta.

Jacob did really good during the flight from Simferopol to Kiev. I fed him Cheerios most of the flight. It kept him distracted from the seat belt he had to wear. We got off the plane outside and had to take a bus to the terminal. He did fine even with all the people, but as we were getting off he just started crying. It didn't last but a minute and he was fine. I am hopeful the entire flight won't be bad, just some of it.

We got him in the bed around 12:30 AM. I couldn't believe it when he woke up at 7:30. He has been sleeping 9-11 hours with a 2 hour nap. Hopefully he will have a good long nap today. It was good he woke up so James could see him before he left.

Jacob actually ate this morning. He ate all of his oatmeal. Giving him his medicine is a tiny bit better. I am hoping it will be better when I can get some that is flavored.

Praise the Lord, the monkey backpack is working. He didn't like it at first. I had him wear it in the room and it didn't take to long before he was used to it. He wore it to the Coffee Shop where they have wireless internet access. Several people on the street just looked at him, then me and smiled. Amazing it this a monkey backpack to get anyone to smile at you.

I am patiently (well trying) waiting to hear from Sasha with great news about the passport. When we got here last night close to midnight Sasha met us, then Andrew went with him to give him our paperwork so he could start on it right then. I was very thankful and surprised. Hopefully, that means good news for us.

Ben will be here shortly to take me shopping. Such a welcome change. Well I've got to go for now. Jacob is getting fussy having to wait on me.

James - Don't worry too much. We are fine.

Love,

Teresa & Jacob

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, Jacob,

So Glad to hear your doing ok. Sounds like you have good folks helping you...Glad to know your back in a big City. The Church had alter pray for you all last night at your dad's request..God takes care of his children.
So chin up and look for the day to get better.
Love to you both...
Sandra

nana&papaw said...

All of that was such good
news. I know prayer works.
Praise the Lord. Even if
you don't get a passport
today, I know the Lord will
get something good from all
of this. Love Mama and
Daddy and Jacobs' Nana and
Papaw. (One in the same)

Anonymous said...

hey you guys. all of you are in in our prayers hoping for the passport to come soon. we are in revival at robin hill this week and we have made the request for you all. james will be fine. and god will watch over you and jacob.just hang in there. this will just be memories one day. love you all. connie jones.

Anonymous said...

Great News.I know you feel better I can tell in your blog today.James will be fine. He will miss you and Jacob but you will be together soon.I hope everything works out and you and Jacob will be headed home too.Have fun shopping .Maybe it want be to bad with Jacob. Maybe Ben can keep Jacob occupiedwhile you shop. We will keep praying that you and Jacob wiil be here soon.
Love Carolyn

Christa said...

I hope you are enjoying the shopping today and I hope you can feel all the prayers for you three. God is still in control, even though we don't understand, He knows what's best. We love you all!

Melissa said...

You will be ready for some rest when you get home. Glad to hear Jacob is eating better (for now) that will be a daily challenge until they are about 3. Try to take a nap when he naps, you need the rest. I know your ready to be home and we are ready for you both to come home, hang in there everything happens for a reason. I just put Matthew to bed and told him that he was going to see Nana and Pawpaw tomorrow and he said and Teresa and James. I told he would see James but not Teresa and Jacob until next weekend and he said OK. If all goes as planned this time and you fly home on Wed. My plan as of now is to meet you at the airport, come back home to work Thur. take a test on Friday and then come home for the weekend. This may change according to work. Call if can early in the morning, we will be leaving at 0630 for the lake and then my cell coverage will not patchy for the whole weekend. Take care, love you both, see you soon.

Becca said...

Teresa & Jacob,
Hope you are doing okay in the big city now. Maybe things will be more interesting there. I know there is alot more to do. I hope you were able to enjoy your shopping.
I was so glad to hear about him starting to like the monkey backpack. I know that he is so cute with it. Good to hear that he did good on the flight. I know you are more encouraged for your flight Home. It will be soon. We all have alot of faith that God will help to get the passport and help you get home soon. And that He will give you special people that can help you all along the way with Jacob.
I know it has been such a hard journey, but look at what the reward is. It is always the things that you have to fight the hardest for that mean the most to you. I am so proud of all of you. Truly you will have such a wonderful story of sacrifice for a sweet little boy that was destined for you and your family. What great blessings are in store for your little family.
God is truly an awesome God. We had alter prayer wednesday night for you and believe that there is a purpose for you. We may not realize what it is now but we know that ALL things work together for the good to them that love God.
Keep the faith and put up a good fight. We have prayed that God will surround you with His special angels till your return home. We love you and miss you muchly!
Becca

Anonymous said...

teresa maybe it want be long now.time just seems to just stand still when we want something to move so fast. just remember god is in control. he wants us to depend on him for everything he knows our hearts.we had one saved at robin hill tue nite.14 yr old girl. you and jacob and james are still in our prayers.love connie

Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Anthony and Sarah and I read your adventures every day, I know God is in control of the situation with the passport and you will be home soon with your new son. May God bless you in your travels and may you know that the peace of God is always with you. I will keep you in my prayers.