Saturday, July 21, 2007

A DAY OF REST

Still no passport. We are hopeful for Monday, which means we should be come Thursday provided we don't have any problems with the visa.

Jacob and I went souvenir shopping down the cobblestone streets of Kiev yesterday for about 3 hours. He couldn't keep his hands off anything. I think I spent more time getting him to leave stuff alone than actually shopping. Then we ate McDonalds (yugh). He got tired of walking and would put his arms in the air and say "Upa". I would pick him up and carry him for a while. Needless to say, we were both tired when we got in. I thought he would fall asleep very fast, but it took longer to go to sleep and it was later than usual.

He did better at both restaurants yesterday. Maybe we will be able to go out to eat after all. I am so proud of him. He is adjusting so well. He's my little trooper. He is down to taking only one medication and doing well. I can tell he is a little more hyper but it is still normal for a 2 year old.

We don't have any plans for today. Maybe we will rest a lot today. It rained and thundered a lot last night so it's probably cool outside this morning. If it's nice this afternoon we may go back to the fountains. There is a park nearby that Tanya (Ben's wife) told me about.

I finally have Skype (Internet calling) back thanks to Scott and Melissa. It was great talking with Christa, Becca, Lauri, and of course, Mama, Daddy, Melissa, and James.

Sara and Anthony's friend - Thanks for the words of encouragement and your prayers.

I will go for now, before Jacob wakes up. I will post again tomorrow with news about the along waited passport.

With Love,

Teresa & Jacob

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he is getting used to things more and it will get better for you and him also.I loved the fountain pics.He is so cute.James is still not feeling to well,but he will soon.Nerves!I can tell he really misses you and Jacob. I will talk to you later.Give Jacob a hug from aunt Carolyn and love both of you.
Love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I haven't sent a comment in a while, but Johnny keeps me posted on your blog. It sounds like you and Jacob are doing well. Hopefully it want be much longer before you can come home. You are both in my prayers.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Looks like he Loves the water! I'm glad he's getting more used to the monkey too. Hoping and praying you get everything straightened out Monday and Jacob will be spending time with his Daddy by the weekend!! Love you both!!

Melissa said...

I only have a minute, I'm on my way to AL. to get Matthew. I'm glad the Skype went through. I'll be at mama and daddy's most of the day. So maybe I'll talk to you on Monday. I'm glad he is down to one medicine, that makes the task a little easier. I hopeful for a passport tomorrow, so you and Jacob can be on your way home. Give each other a hug and remember we all love and miss you. See you soon.

Christa said...

It was so good to talk to you. It sounds like things are going well and Jacob is adjusting to all the new things. We are praying extra hard today for the passport to go through so you two can get home. Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Jacob seems to be adjusting fairly well and I know that you are enjoying being a mom. Enjoy this bonding time with Jacob and getting to know his likes and dislikes. God is watching over the whole situation. Maybe things are slow with the passport because you and Jacob needed this time to connect as his mom and son. God bless and many prayers.
Anthony and Sara's friend

Anonymous said...

I really have missed you guys. So, are they going to try to get every last penny they can out of you before they let you get your passports so you can come home. I mean, my goodness, how long does it take. I can't wait to see you and I know you can't wait to come home and unwind from all the stress. I will wait a while to come by when you get back so that you can kind of settle into a routine and get back to your lives. Best of luck and we'll be praying for all three of you.

Tommy and Lana says hi :)