Tuesday, July 31, 2007

DAY 18 FOR PASSPORT & COUNTING

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days but not much as changed. Still no passport. The problem with the ID number supposedly has been fixed and the passport application was sent to Kiev just to find out they have Jacob's name wrong. They have Maxim as his first name and both the Tax Code office and the Passport office say his name is correct in their systems. Hopefully, tomorrow someone will figure out where the problem is and fix it. If so, I will travel to & from Simferopol on Thursday, back in Kiev Friday to do medical and visa and home on Saturday if I can get a flight. That is a whole other issue I have run into. I may not be able to fly home until the 8th. Delta is working it. At this rate, I may not be able to leave before the 8th anyway. And I say able not ready, because I am so beyond ready!!!! I have considered going back to Simferopol tomorrow and stay with Tammy for so many reasons I can't begin to name them all. And Tammy has been sure a wonderful friend it would be great to spend more time with her and Matt.

On a more positive and humorous note, Jacob bit his tongue tonight and stuck it out at me and said "Rub it". Not that him biting his tongue is either positive or humorous. He didn't cry so it didn't hurt too bad, but it was so cute how he said it.

I can't wait to get home and tell you more stories that I can't or won't post. It may take me a few days or even weeks to want to talk about this place. Right now I have some very bitter feeling about Ukraine as a whole. Some of the people have been wonderful which helps, but for the most part I'm having a hard time dealing with the bureaucarcy or lack of. OK, I have vented, somewhat.

I will post again when I know more. I know everyone is praying very hard for this part of our journey to be over so we can start a life at home and I thank you all from the depths of my heart.

Deepest appreciation,

Teresa & Jacob

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS. JUST HANG ON THINGS WILL GET BETTER.
LIKE SONYA SAID WE WILL ALL COME AFTER YOU TWO IF NEED BE.
HOPE YOU ARE KEEPING A JOURNAL OF ALL THE CUTE THINGS JACOB IS DOING. TRY TO CAPTURE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ON DISC. THIS TIME YOU HAVE TOGETHER WILL BECOME VERY PRECIOUS AS TIME GOES BY THEY GROW SO FAST.
STILL PRAYING
SHANNON & REBA

Christa said...

That is so cute about his tongue!!! I read an article yesterday and I immediately thought of you and James. It was by Rick Warren, author of The Purpose Driven Life. The title of the article was "This pain is not in vain" and in the article, he mentioned the hymn "Count your many blessings, name them one by one". He also said that your troubles can help you develop an attitude of gratitude -- He ended with Trust God & Don't Give Up! I hope that will help encourage you today. I know from talking to you and James that you are already counting Jacob as a blessing in your lives, but somehow that article just seemed to be for you guys. I hope you get some rest tonight. We love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa!

I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this! But we are all very excited to see you again and meet little Jacob! Cindy and I can't wait for our road trip! :o)

Hang in there! Everyone's thoughts and prayers are with you!
Emily (from Jan's #15)

Melissa said...

It was good to hear from you today. It is so nice of Tammy to offer to let you stay there for a few days, I know you could use a change. I was talking with a girl at work and her parents have that water slide we bought. Jenny little boy is the same age as Matthew and she said after the first time down the slide, he wouldn't do it again. The older kids up to age 11 apparently love it. I can't wait until we can see how they are going to the slide. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Put your thoughts on those things which are above. Remember Job all that he went through. When it was all over God blessed Job more in the end than what he had in the beginning. Try not to think about how long it is taking. Focus instead on good things. It's easy for people to say good things when they are not in your shoes. When you reach the end of your rope you'll find the hem of his garment. Hang on each day brings you closer to home.
Michele

Anonymous said...

A playdate sounds great, plus you can vent to me about the Ukraine. I am more than willing to listen. Plus all women need time tjo just talk to other women about, well, STUFF!!!!!!! See you soon. Lots of Love!

Anonymous said...

Teresa, Know I am praying for you and Jacob, too - and am blessed to know you're praying for me, Alex and Anna. I hope we are out of here soon! Rev. 3:8 love, Beth

ColleenD said...

Theresa:
I was hooked up to your blog by Beth, your sister in the desert, waiting for passports in simferopol. I was so tickled to see the pictures of you and your son at his orphanage. We adopted from Yolochka orphanage last December. Our son was three when we brought him home.
I am aching for you while you are waiting to get out of there. i remember how difficult those last few weeks were when DH had returned home and left me to finish up. I can't imagine how hard it is to be there for an extra month!
I will be readinga nd praying for you!
Colleen Davis
Winchester, VA

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
Still reading your blog everyday and keeping up....you and Jacob are in my prays everyday. Things are going to turn around. It is so good to hear about all the friends you have over there, it makes us all feel better knowing they care so much...
But to get to know you is to love you anyway..they are the lucky ones..
It is so sweet to hear James talk about Jacob, he looks forward to you two coming home soon....he said last night we might just have to all come and get the two of you...
It almost made me cry. He can't wait to get the kids together for the water slide, he feels sure Jacob will love it. James says he loves water...like a duck...
:0)
He just lights up talking about him...and wanting you both home...
Had to stop talking about the two of you could see the long face appearing on him..
Roby is really in a hurry, we want to have a cook out...and that means lots of food. You know him.
Take care, will be watching everyday.
Love to you both.