Tuesday, July 24, 2007

HEADED BACK TO SIMFEROPOL

Well, I got news today that I can go back to Simferopol tomorrow to get Jacob a red passport. We have gone from getting a blue, to a red, to a dark blue, back to red. I don't care what color it is as long as it gets us home.

I leave at 8:00 AM to go to the airport for a 9:50 flight. I arrive at 11:20 and should make it to the Passport Bureau by 12:00 which only gives me an hour to try to complete it before lunch. If not, I will have to go back in the afternoon which is ok except that the sooner it is in my hand to better I will feel about actually getting it completed so I can head back to Kiev and Jacob. My flight isn't until 9:10 PM which is the first available leaving Simferopol. Ben and Tanya are being kind enough to keep Jacob all day. I have been told this will completed tomorrow.

Then Thursday we will do the medical and the visa which is supposed to be completed by the end of the day. As it stands right now our flight isn't until Saturday because there are no available flights on Friday. The lady at Delta said she would keep checking for anything that may come available. If we fly Saturday it will be from Kiev, to New York, to Cincinnati, to Birmingham arriving at 8:20 PM.

I just spoke with Lynn Gulley, who is here from Birmingham adopting a 15 year old girl named Christina, a little while ago and they got their passport in ONE day. That is great for them and I am happy for them. We started 12 days ahead trying to get ours. I will never understand this country, so I've stopped trying. I'm just glad there is finally light at the end of this tunnel.

Thanks again to everyone for all your thoughts, prayers, and comments. It sure helps knowing we having such wonderful people thinking and praying for us. All things are possible with God. I am learning more and more it is in his time not mine.

God Bless You,

T & J

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have safe travels tomarrow and I know that things are going to go smoothly and all the other things that need to be done with Jacob before you leave the country will all fall into place. Phil 4:19 comes to mind as God will supply all your needs. Have a good rest since the next few days will be hectic and enjoy your time with Jacob. God bless and prayers. Pam, Anthony & Sara's friend

Melissa said...

Hi Teresa and Jacob, I to will feel better once it is in your hands too. I hate that you are having to stay until Sat. My plan (I think we are on plan x by now) is that Scott, Matthew and myself will come home on Sat. afternoon and Scott can stay with Matthew at home (to get him in bed) and I will come with mama, daddy and James to pick you two up. I will work on getting off on Tues. once I know you are in the air and off Ukraine soil. We are running out of letters to so I hope this is our final plan. Give Jacob a hug. If you don't make it home soon, Jacob won't have any toys to open, Matthew has already found 3 of them and I dare say he want give them up without throwing a 2 year old fit. See you soon. Hug Jacob, see you soon.
Melissa

Christa said...

GOOD NEWS!!! I am so glad to hear things are progressing with the passport. We will pray for your trip tomorrow and for the rest of the process to go smoothly. Love you both!!

Anonymous said...

Oh YES!~!!!
I am so proud....maybe things will go smoothly for you. Your still in our prays. That is so nice of your friends to watch Jacob for you. I am sure he would rather be playing somewhere than traveling.
Bless her bones, I know you have got to be getting tired..
Will be praying for you both and watching each day for the next blog. I know it will be when you can, lots going on.
Be careful..
Love Sandra

Anonymous said...

We don't always understand why we have delays in our life. But, God does and he has a reason why everything happens the way it does. Hang in there you two will be home soon.

Michele

Becca said...

T & J,
Well Praise God from whom all blessings flow. He has been in it from the beginning. All the things that you have been through are for a reason and purpose. We may not understand it now but in time we will. Talked to James today and he told me about the passport and you going to Simferopol tomorrow. Get a good nights sleep and have a safe and productive passport day tomorrow. I pray all things will go smoothly for tomorrow and that Jacob will have a good time with Ben and Tanya.
We are missing you so much. James is too!! Take care and God bless and keep you both.
Much love,
Becca

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa and Jacob.Thank God for the news.I know that has taken alot of yours and James mind.Maybe he will get to feeling better.I can't till Saturday.I will see you and Jacob Saturday around 8:20. Hopefully!
Love Carolyn

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Progress - I'm praising God for this step in the right direction. I pray that His hands will be on you during the next few days as you travel back and forth and finalize everything.

Anonymous said...

Saying a Prayer, have everything I can think of crossed, saying another prayer....Be careful, have a safe trip, and hurry home!! Lots of love to you and Jacob!!

Tammy T said...

Hi Teresa & Jacob

I pray you had a good flight and you get the passport. We are praying that you get HOME soon. We don’t always know why things happen the way they do only God does. It will all come out for the Good. We try to stay in touch with James and Susan seeing how the process goes. I hope we don’t trouble them to much. I’m sure they get enough phone calls. We will be so glad when you two get home. We miss you!!!!!!!!!

We Love You

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness, finally a light at the end of a very long tunnel. I drove by your house today and your yard was mowed, it looked like you guys were there. I thought as I went by about how much you must be wishing you were there. Hope to see you soon. God Bless and cross your fingers that Friday is the day.

Melissa said...

Hey, Just wanted to let you know of some information that I just found out. I work with a nurse practioner and his parents live in Russia. His mother has a PhD. and teaches in Russia 6 months out of the year. He said most likely what they are wanting on is a "bribe", not a huge bribe but around $100. Let them know that if they can move things along that they will be rewarded and tell them how much. He said when his dad travels he takes $100 bills with him for bribes. He also said don't buck the system, at least on the surface show willingness to do what they say even if it seems stupid. In other words play their game. I should be home tomorrow if you get a chance to call.

Anonymous said...

Teresa, sometimes we forget that not everyone understands morals or Christian actions. Do what you have to do, don't let these things drag you down,keep your faith in God, and know he can guide you through. Praying for you and Jacob. Love to you both!!

Christa said...

I am so sorry for your continued delays. I have been praying for you, Jacob and James all day. Keep your faith and know that we are all here praying. God is still in control. I pray that He will send you the strength you, Jacob and James need. We love you!!!