Thursday, July 12, 2007

PARTY DAY

Our whirlwind has started. We visited Jacob yesterday morning and Tammy went with us. She was able to get the monkey backpack on Jacob but as usual he still didn’t like it. She did try to explain to him what it is. Tammy also tried to explain about the airplane ride and the sippy cup. It was a good visit. After we left we spent the rest of the day with Matt and Tammy.

Tammy decided we didn’t need to go to Cave City because it was so hot yesterday and we was a 4 km hike round trip. We went to the Botanical Gardens in Alushta. It was very nice. They had large trees, bushes, roses, a butterfly expo, and a Bonsai expo. Then after the Botanical Gardens we headed to Yalta. The best place to see in all of the Crimea Region is Yalta. We ate at an Italian restaurant. The food was great. The best food we have had since we came to Simferopol, except Tammy’s fried chicken. Nothing has ranked higher that Tammy’s fried chicken. No kidding! After we ate we needed to walk it off so we went to the Boardwalk and did some shopping. We had a wonderful relaxing day with our new friends. Thank you Tammy and Matt.

We were suppose to get Jacob’s passport picture done today but Andrew’s flight was 3 hours late so we will be doing that tomorrow along with go to get the court decree, see the notary to notarize to passport application, going to the birth city for the new birth certificate, and getting Jacob from the orphanage. Pray we get all this accomplished in one day.

Now for the party. Shelby made cupcakes, which were wonderful. She also provided to cute plates and napkins. Tammy brought stuff for a game and some fruit. We also had Pringles and Multi Vitamin juice. The kids loved it. The doctor wanted to see us about some paperwork as soon as we got there, so Tammy went with us to translate. Shelby was wonderful and set up the party by herself. She came to check on us because to kids were getting antsy waiting. The kids ate and had a great time. James got some great pictures. Anton couldn’t come to the party because he has been in the hospital and after coming back to the orphanage from the hospital the child is made to stay away from the group for 21 days. I promised the German couple adopting him that I would bring him a cupcake. I tried but couldn’t find them. James did find them later. Needless to say, I missed most of the party, but everyone still had a good time. We found out yesterday that Vika is being adopted. We met her new family today. They are from Spain and are very nice. They adopted a little boy 2 years ago from Ukraine. Vika’s brother’s name is Lennon. He was so good with her today. You can tell they are all so happy to be getting her. The mother’s name is Teresa. Vika’s name will be Teresa Victoria. It was a bittersweet moment for me. I would still love to have her but I am thrilled she is being adopted by a nice family. She is so happy with them already. They came in after we did today and she ran straight to them as soon as she saw them. Please continue to remember all the adorable little kids in the orphanage that still need a loving family.
Also please remember Shelby, Matt, and their kids as they travel to Siberia for their mission work.


Love,

JTJ

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey J, T & J,

I am so excited that you will be getting little Jacob tomorrow. I remember the day we got our Jordan, it was actually on a Friday night. Guys, the next couple of days will be crazy. Just hang on! The end is in sight for you. We are praying and WE ARE READY FOR YOU TO BE HOME!! I know you are!!!

Clark, Jenny & Jordan

Melissa said...

The kids looked like they are having a good time with the party and cupcakes. You must be excited and a little nervous about tommorrow, which for you is almost there. You will proably be so busy for the next few days and I am working Fri., Monday and Tuesday, so if I don't talk to during the weekend, I'll see you on Tues or Wed. Hope everything is OK with the passport. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. I hope I make it to the airport, the night charge nurse is coming in for me at 5:30, so I may make it depending on how busy we are at work.

nana&papaw said...

Hey JAMES TERESA AND JACOB
All the kids look like they
are enjoying the cupcakes.
Vika is so cute. I am so
glad for her to be getting
a loving family. How ironic
the mother's name is Teresa.
I'm excited and a bit
nervous for yall tomorrow.
I pray Jacob will take the
new experiences well. Maybe
he will like adventure. He's
certainly in for some ad-
venture ,as are you and James.
It will all work out though.

As Jenny said "WE ARE READY
FOR YOU THREE TO GET HOME!!!
Love Mama and Daddy

Anonymous said...

Was so great to talk with you today! You sound so happy!! Tired, but happy!:) Hope the next 5 days fly by and all three of you arrive home safely! I'm so excited for all of you!! I'm going shopping tomorrow or Saturday for some toys for Jacob..Yeah, I know, I'm the biggest kid of all!!:) Stay Safe, Hurry Home, and Much Love to the three of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Teresa, James & Jacob,
So glad to hear your making arrangements to head home. We have missed you both and look so forward to meeting Jacob...
I can't wait to hear him call you mommy and daddy, my heart is just so full of joy for the three of you.
We will be praying for Jacob and his flight home, along with the both of you.
Life will never be the same...you both have so many wonders to experience with Jacob, I could not be happier then I am right now for two of my wonderful friends and the never ending journey. What joy little ones bring to our lives..
Your friend.

Anonymous said...

It is almost time to be real mom and dad. It's all down hill from now on.The children look like they had a great time.Vika is a beautiful little girl.I'm sure she will be very happy with her new family.Jacob is a little doll.I can't hardly wait for him to get home and get use to this big family he has now.It's going to be very challenge at first but, I know you and James will be great.I have been thinking of yall all day. You already have Jacob by now.I bet it feels GREAT!!!I will see you later.

love Carolyn

Melissa said...

I hope you were able to get some rest last night. I have been thinking about ya'll all day long. I hope Jacob got some rest, so mom and dad could rest, you guys will have a few busy days, sleep when you can. I'm looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday. I should be around this weekend, call if you can, I know it will be brief.