Friday, July 27, 2007

DAY 14 TRYING TO GET A PASSPORT

I guess you all are wondering what is going on. Well, I can tell you, not enough. Sasha is working very hard to resolve the issues surrounding the passport. I went to Simferopol on Wendesday as planned with the intent of only being there for the day. Well, you know Ukraine by now, most things don't go as planned. Paul, my taxi driver and freelance translator, and myself spent the whole afternoon waiting at the Passport Bureau just to find out that the guy that was supposed to help us wasn't even there. We found out later he was actually in Kiev. So I talked with Sasha and he said I had to stay another day. He said the General (top dog) in Kiev would be calling the Chief (top dog) in Simferopol to tell him he had to give me a red passport. Paul, Tammy, and myself spent the whole day, from 9:40 AM to 4:30 PM minus the hour for lunch at the passport office while the Simferopol Chief and the guy 2nd in charge in Kiev argued all day as to whether I was getting a passport or not. The Chief won out. I came back to Kiev empty handed. Andrew and Sasha are working on two different angles today to try to get me a dark blue passport today. It is now almost 11:00 AM and no word yet. We may get the passport today but we most likely will not get the medical or visa and with this being Friday it will get Monday before I can get these and hopefully get plane tickets to come home Tuesday.

Jacob did well spending the night with Ben and Tanya. He still won't eat much. I think he eat so little yesterday that his tummy was hurting earlier this morning from hunger. He feels fine now. Oh, he has a little black eye. He ran into the corner of Ben's glass dining room table. He is all boy.

I will post again later today with news from Sasha.

With Love,

Teresa & Jacob

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa,

I am praying for you. As you know, I am VERY interested to know how things go for you. I am still hearing there is a problem with the codes and so I cannot get my kids passports. Beth

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
Just wanted you to know that you are still in our thoughts and prayers. I tried to post this earlier but I don't think it went. So here we go again. I got to talk to James last night and it was good to hear from him. I can't imagine having to go through all that and taking care of Jacob also. I know James misses ya'll I could hear it in his voice. We don't always understand why things happen the way they do. I know one day when you get home and settle in James and I talked about getting together and sharing our stories. We had quiet a few ourself that we haven't mentioned. As I said before we don't understand why things happen the way they do. Why they changed from red to blue back to red or blue. I can't keep up with which one it is now. I wanted to share some comforting words that help me and I hope will help you.
Proverbs 3: 5-6 says.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart & lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him & he will make your path straight.

Yours in Christ,
Clark

Anonymous said...

We're still praying. I'm sure we can't even imagine your frustration and exhaustion, but please know that we are all still praying and thinking of you. Take care of yourselves.

With Love,
The Frachiseurs and family

Christa said...

Hey!! Kayla was 9 months old the first time she had a black eye and she hit (guess what) a glass table at the condo we rented at the beach. I hope you have had a good day, I know it is already afternoon there. I am in Arkansas with the girls, mom and dad visiting Rod. David had supper with James last night at Roby & Sandra's. I know he misses you and Jacob so much. Try to enjoy your weekend. We are praying for you all! Love you guys!!!