Friday, July 27, 2007

14 DAYS CONTINUED

Let me back up a little. I was very tired from the stress and too little sleep when I posted earlier. There are a few things I wanted to mention. This world has some wonderful people in it that will help anyone in need. It has been a blessing from God that we met Matt and Tammy. Tammy was kind enough to let me stay with them when I was back in Simferopol. We had some more fried chicken and watched a movie. Tammy went with me to the Passport Bureau and took care of me. I had been sick feeling all night and Wednesday and all day Thursday. She went to get me something to eat and drink. She and Matt took me back to the airport on Thursday. Tammy and Matt are coming back to the states in November and are coming to visit and stay with us for a couple of days. I really hope some of you get to meet them.

Then there is Paul, my great taxi driver. He spent the whole afternoon Wednesday and all of Thursday helping me with the passport office people. He only charged me for his gas. I told him that wasn’t enough. He said for me to call him if I needed him again when and if I return to Simferopol, which looks like I will on Monday. Maybe someday Paul will visit the states again. I would love to see him again. He is the kindest Ukrainian I have met.

Then there is Beth. She is here in Simferopol adopting two older children, Sasha age 11 and Anya age 9. She and her husband have 4 boys at home. Her husband had to go home 2 weeks ago. Beth is here alone trying to survive and communicate with the children. Tammy was a big help to her yesterday afternoon. Beth is now on day 10 of waiting for her passports. She is under tremendous stress. Please pray that everything will work out soon for her also. Her boys at home need her too. She has been in Ukraine since June 11th, I think. Somewhere around that date anyway.

The only word from Sasha is they are still working on it. Hopefully, today but not looking good so far. I am still hopeful to travel back to Simferopol on Monday and back to Kiev. Then do the medical and visa on Tuesday and Home on Wednesday. If so, the journey will have exactly 2 months. The flight is now scheduled for Huntsville again, instead of B’ham.

I think Jacob and I are moving again. Ben has offered his apartment at a cheaper rate with Internet access. There are restaurants with English menus in the area. He has a washer, so I can actually wear clean clothes for a change. I think there is a small park of some sort that Jacob can play at.

Karen – Mama told me she talked with you and you will be in Kiev on Tuesday. It looks like I will still be here. I would love to meet you and your daughter. Mama said she will give you my cell phone number for here.

Thanks for the great comments.

Clark - It was so good hearing from you. Thank you so much for the words of encouragement and the verses. I can't wait to get together and meet Jordan. Tell Jenny hi and Andrew said if I talk with you to tell you guys hi.

I will post again when I have more news.

God Bless,

Teresa & Jacob

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELL-O TERESA
IT IS SO GOOD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE BLESSED WITH SOME GOOD PEOPLE TO HELP YOU. YOU ARE THERE FOR A REASON ALSO TO FULLFILL A NEED OF SOME KIND. KEEP THE FAITH GOD IS GOOD. GIVE JACOB A BIG HUG.
LOVE S&R

Anonymous said...

OK, enough is enough. If these people don't come through with that thing Monday, you tell them the entire Beck family will come over there. You know they don't want that!:) Still praying..Lots of love to you and Jacob!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and Jacob. My son got a black eye also from hitting a table, boys will be boys. You will be home soon then you can get on beginning your new life as a family together. Phil 4:6 comes to mind. While you are still there may our God sustain you and keep you in his perfect peace. I know you are frustrated and tired but it is soon coming to a close. God Bless you! Hang in there. Pam

Anonymous said...

Good Evening Teresa & Jacob,
Sorry to hear and read no passport.
I know you really want to come home with Jacob. Maybe it will be tuesday..Don't give up...as I have been saying
Chin Up...from Charlotte's Web..
It's just got to be soon...
We are all looking forward to your return. We will keep praying..give Jacob a big hug from all of us...
We are trying to take care of James for you, but the weekend will be hard without you two..
During the week he is busy busy with work...but I know you want to see him too..
Love to you both..
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
I am a future adoptive parent from El Paso, TX. My name is Tammy Huckabee. I have so much enjoyed reading about your adoption in the Ukraine. I have been waking up at night and the Lord has impressed upon me to pray for you. I know that you are discouraged, but just remember that Jacob would have to live in the orphanage the rest of his life if you had not adopted him. Thank you for your dedication to this child. Keep your head up and I hope you will be able to watch our journey when we go to the Urkaine. Our dossier is there and we are just waiting for a travel date. God is with you at all times just remember. There is some reason for these delays. Maybe the delays are just for wonderful bonding time with Jacob.
Tammy Huckabee

Anonymous said...

Hello Teresa and Jacob. Hang in there maybe things will be ok for Monday.James called me today and is in better spirits about the situation.I'm kinda glad he is not over there at this time.( his temper)Hope to see you and Jacob by Wednesday. Hug him and I love you.
Love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Again !!!!!
More pics is what we all need to see of you and Jacob.
Carolyn

nana&papaw said...

This is Teresa's Mom. I just
want to tell everyone that
comments to Teresa, THANK
YOU SOOOO MUCH.GOD BLESS
YOU ALL. There are people
we didn't know before this,
that are encouraging her.
Not only is it encourgement
to her, but also to me.
When I ask. WHY, then I read
so many of your comments,
and this reminds me, God
will use this for something
good. I thank Paul( her
taxi driver) for everything
he's done for her.
Thank you Tammy, for giving
her a place to stay while
she was back at Simferopol.
Thank you for everything.
Thanks to you all (some
of you I've never meet).
Beth,Teresa told me about
your situation. I will keep
you in my prayers..
Again thank you all
And I thank God for all of
you.
Teresa's Mom Susan

Anonymous said...

After practically being addicted to your blog & interceeding for you for such a long time, it was very good to speak with your mom. Yes, my family & 7 others will be arriving in Kiev on Tuesday. We'll actually be picked up & shuttled to a small town in the Dnipro... region but will return to Kiev on August 8th for a couple of days before coming home on the 10th. Hopefully you will be long gone by then!!!! Cris & I will also have cell service and I would love to call you when we arrive. Is your apartment close to the "center?"... Independence Square?
Teresa, I know you are tired, hungry, frustrated & overwhelmed but hang in there Sweetie! It will ALL be worth it! This labor you go through is the fire burning away chaff and the results will be pure!
May your day be blessed!...with a PASSPORT!

Christa said...

It is good to hear from you again. I have been worried about you all day today, but I can tell that you are better now. It is amazing to see how God is working-- even half way around the world from us-- but I know He has sent all these wonderful people to you. Remember---All things work together for good to them that love the Lord. (That may not be exact) And also try to remember that there is a THICK "Wall of Prayer" surrounding you and Jacob there and James here. We love you all and we will see you soon!!!

Melissa said...

To Tammy Huckabee, my name is Melissa and I am Teresa's sister. Good luck with your adoption and I hope things go smooth for you and your family. I would like to pass on a word of advice to your family and love ones that will be at home waiting on your return. Communication may be an issue while you are away adopting. I would highly recommend that your family get international calling on their land line. I am sure that Teresa will give you more information but I don't think that calling cards that are purchased in the US will work in the Ukraine. Again, good luck.
Melissa


Teresa and Jacob,
I hope you and Jacob get more rest tonight, it sounds like you will need it to get all of your washing finished. The Ukraine will make you appreciate a dryer, sorry for the stiff clothes but at least they are clean. Give Jacob a kiss (since that is what he prefers) and I will talk to you Monday. Tell Ben and Sasha that we are now offically on plan Z and that is the end of the English alapbet so more changing the plans. See you on Thursday.
Love Melissa

Anonymous said...

Teresa!
I just got through reading your blog. Oh my goodness. I am so sorry you are still having to deal with the stress of Ukraine. Lord only knows why. But years from now you will be able to share these stories with Jacob, with the hope that he will someday realize how much he is loved! The Lord is clearly providing community of friends as support for you while you are still there. We are praying for you. Do not lose heart...you are not alone.
Love,
Sarah, Anthony & Abe Reynolds

Hunter and Lauri said...

Teresa...

No, no, no!! I was expecting to see that you had gotten that STUPID thing by now and were on your way back home with your little boy. I can not believe this is happening to you. But I am so proud of how you are handling all of this!! You are so strong. God will not give us more than we can handle, so this really shows that He trusts your will power to endure through this. I LOVED how upbeat your blog was. In the midst of this craziness you have kept such a positive attitude. I know you must be disheartened to the core...but you have made the most of all the moments God has given you there and have blessed others by your faithfulness and steadfastness and courage!! :) We hope it won't be too long now. Ukraine has had you long enough...they need to let go already. Uk has grown so accustomed to you being there, I guess it's having separation anxiety!! I'm praying Sasha can wheel and deal his magic touch over there and get this thing settled once and for all for you!! I want you to be home and experience motherhood on this side of the world!! I'm sure there is great bonding going on with you and Jacob and in hindsight you will see lots of blessings in having to stay there so long. But for now, I know you just want to be HOME. So we will pray very hard that THIS IS IT!! Can't wait to meet Jacob when we come through on the 19th or 20th. Blessings, Lauri (and Hunter and Haley)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I wish that I could be there with you. I stinks that you have to deal with this crap. Like Sonya said, We could just get the Becks over there and show them a thing or two. Ha! Ha! If you ever need to talk or whatever just call me. 572-0503

Anonymous said...

Teresa's Mama - thank you for praying for us. We need it and are depending upon those prayers. I am continuing to pray for Teresa and am very interested to know how things go for her early next week.
Beth

Anonymous said...

Dear Teresa, I am Shannon and Reba's friend,we are praying for your safe return with your son. 1 Peter 5:7 says Casting all your care upon him: for he careth for you. LOVE IN CHRIST,ROGER&SHERRY